Friday, July 1, 2016

Love Is Timeless | Megan & Dylan | Timeless Wedding Designs | Stuart Wedding Planner

"Dylan and I grew up in the same neighborhood, literally just streets apart. It wasn't until we were out of school that fate finally lined up, however. We had many mutual friends, and one day I saw his profile online and sent him a message. We texted non-stop for a few days and finally agreed to meet at a local beach. Walking up to this tall, tan, handsome man instantly gave me butterflies and I thought this was way too good to be true. We walked the beach and talked for an hour or two when he pulls out this whole sand dollar from his pocket. It was bigger than my hand! He says, "I found this before you got here and thought you'd like it since you mentioned that you love the ocean and aren't really a flower kind of girl." We started to walk back toward our cars; he opened the door for me and gave me the sweetest kiss! That day was absolutely perfect. The following weekend we were dating and the rest is history! To this day that sand dollar sits on top of sand from that beach in a shadow box on display in our home.


On Christmas Day (my favorite holiday, by the way), we were celebrating the festivities with our families at his grandparents' house. Talk was going on of a fishing tournament and who could catch the biggest fish, so we all gathered along the canal in the backyard to start a little friendly competition. Dylan came out last with the only fishing pole and asked me to bait his hook. My natural response was, "Bait your own hook!" Haha! When I reached out for the line, I realized a beautiful halo diamond engagement ring was knotted to the end in place of the hook. Dylan got down on one knee and said, "You're my best friend; you've been my best friend for a long time. I love you with all my heart and I want to be with you for the rest of my life. Will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?" With excitement and tears I declared, "Yes!" and he swept me up and put his fist in the air and said, "I got the best catch!" The whole family was in on the surprise and there wasn't a single dry eye left. I'm so very excited to always remember Christmas as our perfect proposal and the start of a beautiful engagement.


Is there a way to put it into words? I don't really know... I don't want to say he was made for me or he is perfect because both are not true. He is charming in that any woman could have fallen for him and it's his flaws that really speak to my heart. It's the fact that we both enjoy the same adventures and appreciate one another's strengths while supporting one another's weaknesses. We don't complete each other, we complement one another. We learn from each other. We respect and appreciate each other. I never knew a love like I know with Dylan because he empowers me as a woman while protecting me as his partner. He is my teammate, my best friend, and my lover. He is the first person I call whether it's a tragic situation or good news. He was an amazing boyfriend, is an amazing fiance, and I know he is going to be an amazing husband.

  
We will be getting married on April 28th, 2017, which is the three year anniversary of our first date. The wedding ceremony will be held at Dollman Beach, the beach where we first met. I'm not kidding when I say that's all the planning we have done BUT our honeymoon is completely planned and about to be booked! Dylan and I are going to celebrate our new life as newlyweds in beautiful Costa Rica (tropical places are paradise to us) for five days in the first week of May. Dylan and I have been focusing on a movement called Staying I Do and it's a part of beating the 50% divorce rate. We know that marriage isn't always going to be all puppies and rainbows but we also know that we love each other more than what our pride is worth. We're looking forward to all Timeless Wedding Designs has in store for us during the planning process!"


Photos by Laura Helmke Photography.


If you are interested in sharing your love story with us, please send me an email to Mandy@TimelessWeddingDesigns.com with the subject, "Love Is Timeless."  

Find out why wedding day coordination is a must have!

No comments:

Post a Comment