Wednesday, August 17, 2016

A Day In The Life Of A Wedding Planner | Fall Cleaning, New Business Card Holders, and A Beautiful Day In Sunny South Florida | Timeless Wedding Designs | West Palm Beach and Wilmington Wedding Planners

Hey y'all. I have had the worst writer's block this week even though my creative juices have been flowing in every other part of my life. I guess it's not too bad of a problem to have, but I thought I would share a little personal look into what my day has been like so far since I can't think of any other great ideas to write about right now! The more I've been thinking about it, the more I figured this may be a good thing to continue writing about since I know there are many people who wonder what it is we do every day as wedding planners. I'm not making any promises, but let me know what you think and I'll see if it is something worth continuing!   

All small business owners and Type A personalities like myself will tell you that there is no one season for cleaning. There are "Spring Cleaning," "Late Spring Cleaning," "Early Summer Cleaning," "Summer Cleaning," and so on. Yet, they never seem to end; we begin the cleaning and tidying up and organizing, and just when you think you're about to be finished, more gets added to the pile.

Surprisingly, cleaning is my happy place. If you're like me, you probably had an, "Oh, same," moment when you were watching The Emperor's New Groove and Pacha's wife got aggravated and said, "I gotta go wash something." And yes, I did just make a Disney reference on a wedding blog. Don't judge me.

As I was cleaning out what has now been deemed my Inventory Closet, I found two little treasures that I bought over a month ago in preparation for the upcoming bridal shows in our area... Vintage business card holders! I found them at Michael's for only $7.00 each so naturally I fell in love with everything about them.

My newest obsession! Photo by Mandy Billings... On my iPhone.
 What's even better is that they almost perfectly match the birdcages that I bought recently, so my fan girl moment has lasted practically the entire day. Oh, the glamorous life of a small business owner! The candle is burning because I burned bacon this morning and there is nothing that gets that smell out of the house better than a soy candle burning for hours. It made a great color addition to my Instagram post, so it got added to the photo. Again, don't judge me.

Now mind y'all, this is all happening while the weather outside has gone from the dreariest day ever to exist to the most gorgeous day in South Florida in all of August so far. I am sitting on the couch now just looking out at the pool wishing it wasn't the middle of a work day... This weather better stick around for the weekend, and for anyone getting married outside on a Wednesday, you made a wish on the right star! Let me know which one it is so I can save up some wishes, too.

E: Mandy@TimelessWeddingDesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment